POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR ADMISSION:
The school sets registration procedures and admission policies. The availability of space and the order of preference for admission is determined by the school according to the following general criteria:
- Children currently enrolled in the St. Louis Catholic Preschool
- Siblings of children currently enrolled in St. Louis Catholic School
- Children from the parish
- Children from parishes without schools
- Children from non-Catholic families
All academically qualified students are welcome at St. Louis Catholic School regardless of race, creed, or ethnic origin. Families who wish to enroll their children at St. Louis Catholic School can download an application from the web site or may pick up an application packet in the school office. All prospective students must be screened prior to acceptance. Tours of the school are given on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment.
An application must be completed and submitted with a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 per student.
The following items are required prior to final admission of a student:
- Commonwealth of Virginia required health forms showing proof of immunizations.
- Birth certificate.
- Emergency Form information.
- Baptismal record and name of parish in which family is registered (if applying for Catholic tuition rate).
- Records and transcripts from schools previously attended.
Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of all required information, a successful review of the application by the Admissions Committee, and the payment of all fees, including a non-refundable registration fee of $325.00.
Age for Admission to Kindergarten
Children who will have reached the age of five years by September 30th may be admitted to a kindergarten program. Readiness testing, at the discretion of school officials, may be used to determine, among other things, the developmentally appropriate placement in the kindergarten program.