POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR ADMISSION:
APPLICATION PRIORITY CRITERIA
The school sets registration procedures and admission policies. The availability of space and the order of preference for admission is determined by the school according to the following general criteria:
- Children currently enrolled in the St. Louis Catholic Preschool
- Siblings of children currently enrolled in St. Louis Catholic School
- Children from the parish and children from practicing Catholic active duty military families
- Children from parishes without schools
- Children from non-Catholic families
Applications for grades K-8 for the 2016-2017 school year will be accepted beginning November 15, 2015.
Preschool registration begins in early February
- All academically qualified students are welcome at St. Louis Catholic School regardless of race, creed, or ethnic origin. Families who wish to enroll their children at St. Louis Catholic School can download an application or may pick up an application packet in the school office.
- All prospective students must be screened and prior school records reviewed before acceptance. Kindergarten assessments are scheduled for the end of February. Assessments for transfer students (1st-8th grades) are scheduled upon receipt of the application and student records.
- An application must be completed and submitted with a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 per student.
- Applications may be submitted in-person or by mail.
- Notification of acceptance will begin in early March.
St. Louis Catholic School follows the Fairfax County Public School Inclement Weather policy. In the event of a delayed opening on a scheduled assessment date, the testing time will be pushed back as appropriate for the same day. In the event schools are closed, prospective families will be contacted to re-schedule.
St. Louis Catholic School welcomes applications for the 2016-2017 school year beginning Nov. 15, 2015, and there is no deadline to apply. Families are encouraged to apply by the following dates to be considered in the first round of evaluations:
February 16, 2016 Sibling Priority Applications (K-8th Grade) - Applications from current school families for siblings entering at K-8th grade
March 1, 2016 Prospective Student Applications (K-8th Grade) - Including Kindergarten applications from St. Louis Preschool families
Applications received by March 1, 2016 will be considered for possible acceptance in the first round of evaluations according to the priority criteria above.
All applications, regardless of priority criteria, received after March 1st will be considered in the order in which they are received should space be available.
APPLICATION PACKET CHECKLIST
_____Completed Application for Admission Form
_____$50.00 non-refundable application fee
_____Presentation of Original Birth Certificate or Certified copy of the birth certificate
_____Baptismal Certificate (copy if Catholic)
_____Dates, name of church, and church address for additional sacraments received
_____Parish Acknowledgement Form (St. Louis parishioners only)
_____Commonwealth of Virginia health forms showing proof of immunizations
_____Proof of custody where applicable
Incoming Grades 1-8 only:
_____Release of transcript form to request records from previous school
Enrollment is contingent upon receipt of all required information, a successful review of the application by the Admissions Committee, and the payment of all fees, including a non-refundable registration fee of $365.00.
AGE FOR KINDERGARTEN ADMISSION:
Children who will have reached the age of five years by September 30th may be admitted to a kindergarten program. Readiness testing, at the discretion of school officials, may be used to determine, among other things, the developmentally appropriate placement in the kindergarten program.