The St. Louis School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) has a long standing tradition of active volunteerism and community building. Members include all parents and guardians of currently enrolled students, all faculty members, the Principal, and the Pastor. The PTO hosts four general meetings during the school year and sponsors several programs and fundraising events throughout the year. There are no membership fees.
The PTO’s objectives are to
- Promote the general welfare of the children in the school, at church, at home, and in the community
- Assist parents and teachers in acquiring a deeper understanding of their mutual educational responsibilities
- Provide opportunities for parental involvement with students at school through management of the Volunteer Program
- Manage fundraising activities to provide financial support outside of the school’s budget
The success of the organization is dependent on volunteer engagement. Each school family is expected to support the PTO through required service hours. There are many opportunities to share your time and expertise in wide variety of activities and programs. Please review the volunteer pages for more information.
Our PTO is blessed with enthusiastic volunteer members who provide much needed services and financial support. We are pleased to support the school, teachers, and students with purchases of academic products and special services to further enrich the educational environment at St. Louis.
- Activboards in every classroom and teacher training
- Computers and printers
- New desks, chairs, classroom tables*
- Lab Learner science curriculum and teacher training*
- Microscopes for science labs
- Books for the school library
- Subsidies for teacher supplies, classroom fieldtrips, graduation receptions
- P.E. Equipment
- Renovation of school playground
- Contributions toward major construction renovations including bathrooms and Teacher’s Lounge*